High Pressure Solar Geyser
The Pressure model (also called high pressure solar heaters) means, water in the tank are under high pressure, it's equal to the pressure of tap water. Non-pressure model (also called low pressure solar heaters) means, water in the tank is under low pressure, and is equal to the gravity of the water. The purpose of the pressure control valve is to “balance” the water pressure of the hot and cold water supply to baths, showers, and basins. The pressure control valve reduces the cold water pressure to the same pressure of the hot water coming from the geyser.
Advantages of High Pressure Solar Water Geysers
- This type of solar heater is simple, with no moving parts.
- Due to its simplicity, it is usually a cheaper option (roughly 50 - 60% of high-pressure systems)
- Due to lower pressure and stress on the tank and collectors, it has a longer life than mains pressure solar geyser systems.
- This type of solar heating system is lightweight.
- Can provide hot water without external power.
- This type of solar geyser system is highly effective in converting sunlight into heat
The 3 Types of Solar Hot Water
- Flat plate collector.
Evacuated tube collector.
Heat pump systems.